Car Mode is an app for safe, hands free in-vehicle service that really makes a difference in driving. The app has been designed to conform to the safety regulation set by Automotive industry standards.
Compatible Vehicles: MirrorLink enabled cars
1) Safe use of the most used features in vehicle such as Music, Navigation and Phone
2) Easy to check text messages, schedule using Text to Speech
3) Connect to supported navigation applications (Sygic / as of now) Some navigations including Waze are not supported in Mirrorlink
4) Seamless use of 3rd party music apps in the Car Mode with essential control over the app
5) Easy to check and reply new incoming messages over 3rd party IMs by enabling Text to Speech and Speech to Text features (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp Messenger, Skype, Viber Messenger, BBM(blackberry) / as of now)
6) Easy access to Music, Weather, Calendar, Contacts through widgets on the left of the Home screen
7) Record parking location through GPS infomation, Photos or Voice memo
We use the Apache License v2.0 and BSD License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 and http://www.xiph.org/licenses/bsd/speex/
App permissions The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
[Mandatory Permission] Contacts: Used to get caller information when you receive calls while driving. Phone : Used to answer and decline calls while driving. SMS : Used to read text messages and send replies while driving. Storage : Used to save your parking information. Camera : Used to add pictures to your parking information. Location : Used to provide weather information. Calendar : Used to check your upcoming events. Microphone : Used to listen for voice commands while driving.
IF no response while Connecting USB with Mirrorlink supported car, please proceed with the following procedure. There is a DAP certificate issue in these models S10(SM-G970, SM-G973, SM-G975), S10 5G(SM-G977), SM-G887, SM-A908, SM-A805, SM-A705, SM-A305, SM-J415, SM-A202 and SM-G398. 1. please search word Mirrorlink in Galaxy apps and update Mirrorlink 1.1 to v1.4.90 or later http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.mirrorlink 2. settingsApps(menu) show system appsSamsung MirrorLink 1.1StorageCLEAR DATA 3. please reinstall certificate by connecting USB with Car( install will be done automatically in device notification )
% If TTS engine download pop up happens continuously, please update TTS engine in device settings as follows, device settings General management Language and input Text-to-speech Preferred engine - right setting icon) select "A new version is available". if no version, current version is the latest version.... Read more